Ultra slim and compact, the new EF-M 22mm f/2 STM is the EOS M Digital Camera's moderate wide-angle lens that's small and light enough to carry everywhere. Its bright f/2.0 lens aperture works well with the EOS M Digital Camera's large sensor to provide exceptional low-light performance, as well as create beautiful background blur in portraits. An aspheric lens element delivers high resolution and high contrast. For moviemakers, the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM utilizes a built-in stepping motor to provide smooth and quiet continuous autofocus when shooting video with the Canon EOS M Digital Camera. A circular aperture (7 blades) delivers soft-focus backgrounds and a short minimum focusing distance of only 5.9 inches (0.15 meters) allows you to get closer to your subjects.
- Wide-angle zoom lens for EOS M series digital cameras with Optical Image Stabilizer for up to three equivalent stops of shake correction.
- Lens retraction mechanism shortens the length of the lens and a compact, lightweight design allows easy portability.
- Rear focus system and built-in stepping motor (STM) help provide smooth and quiet continuous autofocus when shooting video with an EOS M series digital camera.
- Dynamic IS (Movie Shooting Mode only) helps deliver a wide image stabilization correction range, making it ideal for shooting while walking.
- Two aspheric lens elements and one UD lens element deliver superb image quality from the center to the periphery.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment after autofocusing.
- Minimum focusing distance: 5.9 in./0.15m.
- Maximum magnification of 0.30x at the telephoto end.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
7 elements in 6 groups
Diagonal Angle of View
Inner Focusing System
Closest Focusing Distance
0.49 ft. / 0.15m
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
2.4 x 0.9 inch, 3.7 oz. / 60.9 x 23.7mm, 105g